Work visa issue

Hello  all,

Could  someone  tell  me  that  if  I  apply  for  the  work  visa  here,  do  I  still  need  to  go  back  to  Taiwan  to  register?  I  have  heard  that  I  still  need  to  go  back  to  AIT  for  getting  the  work  visa.  Is  that  true?  Thank  you  ~
  • Better  ask  the  lawyer.
  • thank  you  :)
  • you  will  need  to  get  your  visa  "stamp"  when  you  travel  outside  of  the  U.S. 
    the  stamp  is  required  when  you  reenter  to  the  states.
  • Hey  Tifa,

Thank  you  so  much  for  your  comment.  Do  you  know  what  "stamp"  looks  like?  Where  should  I  get  the  "stamp"? 
    Right  now  it`s  my  OPT  year,  do  I  need  to  get  some  kind  of  "parole"?

Sorry  for  lots  of  questions.  I  have  no  idea  about  this  kind  of  thing.

Alice
  • mmm...
    If  you  are  going  to  travel  outside  of  the  U.S  while  you  are  on  your  OPT,  it  will  be  a  little  bit  risky.  because  you  can  see  "NOT  VALID  FOR  REENTRY  TO  U.S."  on  your  OPT  card;  however,  if  you  really  need  to  leave  the  country,  I  suggest  you  to  visit  your  International  student  center  in  your  school  to  find  the  best  solution.  (there  are  some  documents  required  when  you  reentering)

the  "stamp"  is  an  attached  visa  on  one  of  your  passport  pages.

you  can  take  a  look  of  your  passport  and  find  the  visa  page  (issued  by  the  u.s.),  then  you  will  find  the  information  regarding  to  what  visa  you  are  currently  holding. 
    if  it`s  a  valid  F1  visa,  I  don`t  think  you  need  to  get  the  stamp.  (because  OPT  is  still  on  F1  visa)

if  you  don`t  feel  like  asking  attorney  about  your  visa  issue,  please  go  ask  people  in  your  International  Student  Center.
  • Hi  Tifa,

Thank  you  so  much  for  your  help.  I  have  a  specific  concern  and  if  you  don`t  mind  I  would  like  to  get  your  opinion  privately.  If  you  would  be  so  kind,  could  you  please  reply  to  me  at 

alice_jiang@hotmail.com

Thank  you  again
  • Usually  you  will  only  need  to  exit  the  US  if  there  is  a  gap  between  the  expire  date  of  your  OPT  and  the  effective  date  of  the  H1.
  • If  the  "work  visa"  you  referred  to  is  "H1B",  the  answer  to  your  question  is  "NO".

To  get  your  H1B  visa  stamp,  ideally  you  should  go  back  to  AIT,  just  like  I  did  last  month.  However,  you  can  choose  to  go  to  the  US  consulate  in  Canda  or  in  Mexico,  both  of  which  provide  H1B  stamping  service  for  Taiwanese.

The  pro  of  going  to  Canada  or  Mexico  is  that  they  are  more  efficient  (you  should  get  the  visa  in  two  days),  while  AIT  took  6  working  days  to  issue  my  visa  and  another  two  days  for  the  mandatory  delivery  service. 
  • Hello  藍天,

Thank  you  so  much  for  your  info.  It`s  really  helpful!
  • To  Aliceradbill,

My  pleasure.  Do  remember  to  check  Canadian/Mexican  Consulates`  website  to  see  if  they  require  different  documents  than  does  AIT,  should  you  decide  not  to  go  to  AIT.
回應...