回到我還是孩子 Back when I was a child,
生命的純真尚未消失的年代 Before life removed all the innocence,
父親常把我高高舉起 My father would lift me high,
與我跟母親共舞 And dance with my mother and me,
然後 And then...
帶我轉圈直至我入睡 Spin me around til` I fell asleep,
再把我抱到樓上 Then up the stairs he would carry me,
我知道我確實被愛著And I knew for sure I was loved
如果再有一次機會 If I could get another chance,
與他再一次散步、再一次與他共舞 Another walk, another dance with him,
我會播放一首永遠不會結束的歌 I`d play a song that would never never end
因為我喜歡,喜歡,喜歡 How I`d love love love...
與父親再次共舞 To dance with my father again.
我與母親意見不同時 When I and my mother would disagree,
為了要得逞,我會轉跑去找父親 To get my way I would run from her to him.
他總會逗我歡笑,來安慰我 He`d make me laugh just to comfort me,
而最後卻讓我遵照母親的意思 Then finally make me do just what my momma said.
當天晚上我入睡以後 Later that night when I was asleep,
他在單下留了一塊錢He left a dollar under my sheet.
卻從沒有想到他就此離我而去Never dreamed that he, would be gone from me.
Repeat Chorus
如果我能再偷得最後的一瞥 If I could steal one final glance,
偷走最後的一步 One final step,
與他最後一次共舞 One final dance with him,