海外版:你們手上正在看的一本書?

常在版上看到網友討論好書    可是大都是中譯本    所以想聽聽住在海外的各位    現在都在讀哪些書    美國每天都有好多新書上架    多到不知要如何選擇@_@   
先寫我的
Conspiracy  of  Fools  :  A  True  Story  by  Kurt  Eichenwald

Front  Row  :  Anna  Wintour:  The  Cool  Life  and  Hot  Times  of  Vogue`s  Editor  in  Chief  by  Jerry  Oppenheimer

• 清香麻油
    清香麻油
    謝謝大家的介紹!
  • Luxe

妳說的  Forsyte  Saga  是指描述一個
    在倫敦超有錢的一個
    姓  Forsyte  的家族的一連串故事吧?

前幾年電視有改編成短篇連續劇
    整個故事很棒呢
    可是超級不喜歡那個  Ireney  (是這樣拼嗎?)
    很討厭她

就像也很討厭紅樓夢裡面的林黛玉一樣
    遇到這種女人很想踹...
  • 我在讀  "Art  Since  1960"  by  Michael  Archer.
    很有趣說...
  • The    remains    of    the    Day電影很好看    我也推荐The  Eight
    The  Name  of  the  rose以前版上網友有討論過    那時候好像luxe有提到作者故意在前100頁寫純歷史to  discourage  readers  .
  • 我不在美國看的也不是新書
    不過……

"Neuromancer"  by  William  Gibson

這是The  Matrix  Trilogy的原型小說
  • Luxe

ㄏㄡˋ...
    超討厭  Irene  的
    就因為長的漂亮
    大家就原諒她喔...

我是這樣覺得啦
    當初她嫁給  Soames  的時候
    明明就是不想過苦日子
    在我的觀念
    那也沒關係
    可是當一天和尚撞一天鐘啊
    在什麼職位就至少要扮演那個職位的角色啊
    就打扮的美美就好了喔...
    竟然還偷人...

我也不明白
    幹嘛大家都原諒她
    她還一副我有苦衷的態度...

我覺得  Soames  真的是被他的個性害慘了
    連心愛的女人都留不住
    有時候看到他的心痛
    真是替他難過

有時候我在想
    是不是很多男人都這樣
    都很ㄍㄧㄥ
    唉...
    替他們感到辛苦
    就像老  Mr.  Forsyte  也是
    明明就是想念大兒子
    擔心的要命
    還是無法拉下面子
    變成用偷偷支助的...

我一邊看一邊罵
    我們家老爺還要安撫我...呵呵呵呵...
  • haha看luxe和紅粉霏霏這麼一說    我也想讀The  Forsyte  Saga    大家再繼續推荐吧   

彤影
    住哪裡都可以啊^_^
  • 忘了說    我現在在讀The  Kite  Runner  by  Khaled  Hosseini

摘自amazon.com
    The  Kite  Runner  follows  the  story  of  Amir,  the  privileged  son  of  a  wealthy  businessman  in  Kabul,  and  Hassan,  the  son  of  Amir`s  father`s  servant.  As  children  in  the  relatively  stable  Afghanistan  of  the  early  1970s,  the  boys  are  inseparable.  They  spend  idyllic  days  running  kites  and  telling  stories  of  mystical  places  and  powerful  warriors  until  an  unspeakable  event  changes  the  nature  of  their  relationship  forever,  and  eventually  cements  their  bond  in  ways  neither  boy  could  have  ever  predicted.  Even  after  Amir  and  his  father  flee  to  America,  Amir  remains  haunted  by  his  cowardly  actions  and  disloyalty.  In  part,  it  is  these  demons  and  the  sometimes  impossible  quest  for  forgiveness  that  bring  him  back  to  his  war-torn  native  land  after  it  comes  under  Taliban  rule.
  • I  just  finished  a  book  on  CD.
    Night  Fall  by  Nelson  DMille
    It    is    a    excellent    read  based  on  a  truth  event.    The  story  is  exciting  with  a  funny  main    charactor  and  a  unexpected    ending.       
    我覺得是在  Angel  and  Demon  之後,  又一本好書
    Highly  recommend.    As  a  bonus  of  book  on  CD,  there  is  a  interview  with  the  author.   

Anybody  listen  to  book  on  CD?    I  think  it  gives  my  eyes  a  break.

The  Geographer`s  Library  sounds  very  interesting.
    It  will  be  my  next  book  to  read.

• -The  Celestine  Prophecy-
    -The  Tenth  Insight-
                                                        by  James  Redfield

• Organicbeauty,
    I  am  glad  that  someone  agree  with  me.    book  on  CD  is  another  way  to  enjoy  books.   

luxe  &  就要落雪,
    I  just  finish  "The  rule  of  four".    I  did  not  read  it,  but  listen  to  it.    It  is  very  interesting  book.    I  think  it  is  the  way  that  author  wrote  this  book  that  makes  it  is  hard  to  follow.    However,  I  really  like  the  book.    Solving  ancient  mystery  is  so  exciting.
  • 我也有看過"The  Rule  of  Four"耶    但不喜歡的原因不是hard  to  follow      而是覺得整個故事有點無趣      而且作者construct故事的技巧有點loose      my  0.02  cents
  • 有沒有人跟我一樣      覺得Pope  John  Paul  II  過世和Cardinal  Joseph  Ratzinger當選新Pope      很適合Dan  Brown的"Angels  and  Demons"先去拍攝      forget  about  "The  Da  Vinci  Code"
  • 幾個禮拜前
    把新買的  Angels  and  Demons  借給弟弟看
    所以還不曉得內容

等我看完再來附和  ^_^
  • I  know  it`s  an  old  book  already,  but  I`m  still  reading  the  Da  Vinci  Code...found  my  dad  reading  it  the  other  day  and  stole  it  from  him..
    Despite  all  the  controversy,  I  personally  think  Dan  Brown  is  a  genius...gotta  give  him  some  credit  for  coming  up  with  all  those  clever  anagrams  and  doing  thorough  research  on  art  history,  religion,  and  mathematics.  People  complain  about  how  a  lot  of  the  stuff  he  wrote  is  incorrect,  but  I`m  sure  none  of  them  would  be  able  to  do  a  better  job  than  Brown.
    I`d  been  in  Japan  and  out  of  touch  with  America  for  too  long...now  I`d  better  catch  up  with  my  English  reading  list!!  Will  probably  read  Angles  and  Demons  next.  My  bf  read  it  and  said  it`s  really  good.
  • 請問有人可以介紹我好書嗎
    我愛看小說故事類的
    什麼樣的故事都可以
    普通大小
    但不要太難的
    謝謝^__^

在書店看到一堆
    都不知該如何選~
  • Luxe  &  Beckinsale,
    "我也是這麼想!如果可以現場拍攝的話,根本連場景都不用搭了。"    Oh  my  god.    I  was  thinking  of  the  same  as  you  guys.    I  like  Angels  and  Demons  better  than  The  Da  Vinci  Code.    I  think  Angels  and  Demons  will  be  such  a  great  movie.

"這四本書,我給他們的排名"    luxe,  I  have  the  same  order  after  I  finished  all  4  of  them.

I  am  reading  "Up  Country"  by  Nelson  Demille.

• 前幾個禮拜  finished  Philippa  Gregory  的
    "  The  Other  Bolyn  Girl  "

背景社在十六世紀亨利八世的王宮中
    亨利八世出名的娶了六個皇后
    其中有兩個被砍
    其中一個是第二任老婆  Anne  Bolyn
    故事主角是  Anne  的  sister  -  Mary
    原先被派去色誘亨利八世以壯家族權力
    整個故事環繞在姊妹角力與最後  Anne  如何努力扳倒原先的西班牙公主  Catherine  of  Aragon

看完之後
    對  Anne  真的又愛又恨
    只期望  Mary  可以全身而退

作者  Philipa  本身擁有十七世紀文學博士學位
    擅長寫歷史小說
    刻畫人物真的很棒

現在在追她寫的其他小說
    大家有空可以看看喔
    ^_^
  • 剛剛才看完  The  Queen`s  Fool  耶!
    可是還是覺得  Mary  的角色比較鮮明可愛
    相對的  Philipa  的短篇比較沒那麼  gripping

說到  history  repeating  itself
    現在  Prince  Charles  的太太  Camilla
    她的  great  grand-mother  生前也是英國國王(忘了名字)的情婦
    當然  Camilla  現在市政室了命運不同
    但同一家族的女人與同一個王室糾纏的命運
    真的令人覺得驚奇

想從歷史小說休息一下
    接下來要看的是  Jane  Fonda  的自傳

自從在一個訪問節目聽到她說
    Girls  are  raised  trying  to  be  perfect
    but  no  one  is  ever  perfect!
    So  we  turn  to  fashion,  make-up  and  other  things
    trying  to  make  ourselves  more  perfect  but  the  whole  time  there  is  this  void  inside  we  try  to  fill...

唉...
    it  hit  a  nerve  within  me
    所以馬上去買了她的書
    我想讀讀看她的內心  journey
  • Helena    Bonham    Carter演的戲都讓我覺得有點creepy

前些時候看了幾本Sotheby`s的書    推薦給各位喔
    The  Art  of  the  Steal:  Inside  the  Sotheby`s-Christie`s  Auction  House  Scandal  (Christopher  Mason  )
    Sotheby`s:  :  The  Inside  Story  (Peter  Watson) 

回應...