小貝辭去英格蘭隊長

David  Beckham  quit  on  Sunday  as  England  captain  after  almost  six  years  in  the  job  in  the  wake  of  their  World  Cup  quarter-final  defeat  by  Portugal.

The  England  midfielder,  looking  on  the  verge  of  tears,  read  out  a  statement  announcing  he  would  step  down  with  the  change  of  manager  as  Sven-Goran  Eriksson  hands  over  to  Steve  McClaren.

Beckham  said  former  caretaker  England  manager  Peter  Taylor  had  given  him  "the  greatest  honour  of  my  career  ...  and  fulfilling  my  childhood  dream"  by  appointing  him  as  captain  in  November  2000.

After  being  captain  for  58  of  his  94  England  caps,  Beckham  said:  "I  feel  the  time  is  right  to  pass  on  the  armband.

"As  we  enter  a  new  era  under  Steve  McClaren,  it  has  been  an  honour  and  a  privilege  to  have  captained  our  country  and  I  want  to  stress  that  I  wish  to  continue  to  play  for  England.

"And  I  look  forward  to  helping  both  the  new  captain  and  Steve  McClaren  in  any  way  I  can."

Beckham  said  England`s  players  were  all  hit  hard  by  Saturday`s  exit  against  Portugal  after  a  penalty  shootout  with  their  match  finishing  0-0  after  extra  time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

巴7月2日消息,英格蘭隊今天在訓練營召開新聞發布會,在發布會上隊長貝克漢姆宣讀了一份事先准備好的聲明,宣布不再出任英格蘭國家隊隊長。

在聽到貝克漢姆辭去隊長的消息後,第一個任命貝克漢姆為隊長的泰勒表示當初選貝克漢姆的決定被証明是正確的。『他表現得非常出色,我認為他是一個非常優秀的隊長。他一定考慮了很久很痛苦,雖然曾經有過瑕疵,但總得來說是一名非常傑出的隊長,他應該為過去的六年感到驕傲。』
回應...